Searching for radioactivity
- WEBM (352x288, sd 16.0 MB): 01/39/139353.139336.WEEKNUMMER633-H[..].webm
- OGV (384x288, sd 4.6 MB): 01/39/139345.139336.WEEKNUMMER633-HR[..].ogv
- OGV (352x288, hd 10.2 MB): 01/39/139347.139336.WEEKNUMMER633-HR[..].ogv
- MP4 (352x288, sd 17.3 MB): 01/39/139349.139336.WEEKNUMMER633-HR[..].mp4
- MP4 (352x288, hd 32.6 MB): 01/39/139351.139336.WEEKNUMMER633-HR[..].mp4
- MPG (352x288, source 19.7 MB): 01/39/139336.WEEKNUMMER633-HRE00013283.mpg
Week number 63-39
Newsreels in which Dutch subjects of a certain week are presented.
A Hawker Hunter je aircraft of the 324th squadron of the Dutch Royal Air Force is prepared for the 250th time at the airbase Leeuwarden for a so-called snuffeltocht (sniffing trip) above the Netherlands, in which equipment will measure the radioactivity in the air. A filter is placed in a converted fuel tank, the aircraft takes off and measures the air at a height of 13km. The sample is tested by a.o. boiling, evaporation, centrifugation and with a Geiger counter in the medical biological laboratory of the state defense organization of TNO in Rijswijk.
- Polygoon-Profilti (producer) / Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision (curator)
- Publication date:
- 24 September 1963