Composer Richard Strauss
- WEBM (352x288, sd 2.3 MB): 90/90068.90051.BG_18510.webm
- OGV (384x288, sd 596.0 kB): 90/90060.90051.BG_18510.ogv
- OGV (352x288, hd 1986.5 kB): 90/90062.90051.BG_18510.ogv
- MP4 (352x288, sd 2.4 MB): 90/90064.90051.BG_18510.mp4
- MP4 (352x288, hd 4.6 MB): 90/90066.90051.BG_18510.mp4
- MPG (352x288, source 2.8 MB): 90/90051.BG_18510.mpg
Week number: 24-02
Newsreels in which Dutch subjects of a certain week are presented.
The German composer Richard Strauss (1864-1949) during his arrival from Berlin in Amsterdam. Strauss was in the Netherlands for the Straussfestival, which was held from 9 until 25 January 1924 and was organised as a tribute to the 60-year-old composer. For this occasion serveral works by Strauss were performed by a.o. the Concertgebouworkest (Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra). A special Strauss coin was also struck. The composer himself would conduct his own work during "people's concerts" in Amsterdam and The Hague. He was welcomed by members of the Concertgebouw management at the Central Station. Shots: (location: in front of the Concertgebouw) Strauss walks towards the camera and looks self-confident into the lens. A waiting car with chauffeur in the background.
- Polygoon-Profilti (producer) / Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision (curator)
- Publication date:
- 20 January 1924